My wish for FIFA 16 is that they don’t waste time and resources adding useless new “features” to the game like emotional intelligence and the ability to see individual blades of grass.
Instead, just make my players more intelligent.
1. Give them more “loose ball awareness” so they don’t just stare at the ball like idiots when its rolling 3 yards past them when they could easily intercept it or recover the ball instead of running away in the complete opposite direction, or go completely clueless any time the ball is in the air. ESPECIALLY in the box where theres a loose ball just bouncing around, none of my players go for the ball, and if they do, they take unnecessary extremely sluggish movements/touches on the ball that allow the defense to easily clear instead of my stupid player just kicking the ball into the net like they should.
2. Allow my players to know how to run TOWARDS passes instead of just being nailed to the pitch while the defender runs in and intercepts the ball.
3. Along the same lines, give us a little help with the power on passes…especially in the box. So many times my players make these weak little dink passes (especially more common in the box) that dont even make it to the other player because they are so slow and easy to intercept. If you try to add more power, and add slightly too much, it goes to the completely wrong person. Passing on the demo seemed amazing – maybe it was because it was so starkly contrasted with 14 since that was what I was playing immediately before that but it has seemed to get progressively worse as the full game was released, and then patched.
4. Give my players more common sense when picking the path of their pass so they don’t just kick it right at the shins of the defender standing DIRECTLY in front of them instead of passing around them for an easy interception.
5. Lastly, fix the darn goalkeepers. Not a lot more needs to be said about this but sometimes it seems like the keepers are actively trying NOT to save the ball.
I know a lot of this is easier said than done, programming-wise, but after so many iterations of FIFA over the years and countless useless features implemented year after year, you gotta start to think, if EA was instead devoting all of that time and effort strictly into improving gameplay and mechanics how much better of a game would we have on our hands?